Latest News from Tajikistan
Page under construction...
On June 1 2016 the new portal for issuance of electronic visas “e-Visa”, (https://www.evisa.tj.) which enables foreign citizens willing to enter the country with tourist or business visas to complete the electronic application and receive the electronic visa without visiting consulate representatives of Tajikistan abroad, commences its operation.
Applicants will receive their visas via email, after filling the application form with the necessary information and once the online payment by a credit card is completed. Applicants are to pay $ 50 by the internationally recognized electronic networks for the electronic processing, and in case of denial of the application the above mentioned amount is not refunded to the applicant. After paying the visa fee and once the application is successful, the applicant will receive an electronic visa, which is to be presented upon crossing the state border of Tajikistan along with the valid travel document.
Electronic visa of the Republic of Tajikistan is valid for 90 days, however the visa holder can stay in the territory of the country for no more than 45 calendar days. Electronic visa is not extendable and the visa holder have to leave the country in the specified date.
The consular legalization is an act which serves as certifying and authenticating:
- genuineness of foreign documents to the legislation of the state of origin, authenticity of the signature of the official and seal of the representative authorized for legalization of a state body with the purpose of use of the documents in other state;
- Compliance to the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan, authenticity of the signature of authorized person and seal of the authorized official body or the office which issued or certified the given document.
The legalization is carried out:
- at the territory of the Republic of Tajikistan by the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- abroad by the Consular offices of the Diplomatic Representations and Consulates of the Republic of Tajikistan.
The Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Tajikistan performs legalization of:
- the documents compiled at the territory of the Republic of Tajikistan and intended to be used abroad;
- the documents compiled at the territory of foreign states and to be used in the Republic of Tajikistan, if they do not contradict to the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan.
Consular departments of the diplomatic representations and Consulates of the Republic of Tajikistan abroad make legalization of:
- the documents of the states of stay to be used in the Republic of Tajikistan;
- upon necessity the documents of the third state intended to be used at the territory of the Republic of Tajikistan.
The procedures of legalization:
- The documents compiled at the territory of other state will be accepted for consideration by the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Tajikistan, Consular offices of the Diplomatic Representations and Consulates of the Republic of Tajikistan abroad if the documents are legalized by the authorized offices of the country of an origin, if other is not established by the legislation of Republic of Tajikistan or rules of the international agreements canceling procedure of legalization, which the Republic of Tajikistan signed.
The documents submitted for legalization should meet the following requirements:
- To be translated to Russian or Tajik languages;
- To be confirmed by local notary;
- To be legalized by the by origin country`s Ministry of foreign affairs or other official bodies;
In case of copy legalization, the notary confirmed copy in needed